Monday, April 13, 2015

Back In Business

I just got back from New York. My head is literally throbbing as I write this blog post (I really hate plane rides with a passion |"D), but I feel like I have a pretty important blog post I need to add here.

One of the most crucial elements to the final parts of this animation is the walking cycle. With the walking cycle done, I pretty have the rest of my animation done. All I need to add is bits and pieces of action and interaction and backgrounds. Walking cycles are probably one of the basic forms of animation done, but it's crucial to know. Crucial because everything evolves from walking. Every basic movement evolves from walking. Running, sprinting, leaping, jumping; knowing how to animate walking will be able to help me animate more advanced movements.

Since the cat is the only thing that requires walking here, I decided to focus on drawing and animating the cat's walking cycle more than Teru's. Here's the reference I used for the cat's walking cycle:


These are all keyframes, but this is all I needed to get this motion for the cat (Teru is riding on his back like a horseman);



With the walking cycle done, all that's left is basic copy and pasting options or a constant loop of the same frames to create the walk. With this done, the rest of the animation process should be smooth sailing. I can't wait to get this done! Only a few days left before the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment